The Canadian Derivatives Exchange Scholars Program
Are you conducting an innovative research project on derivatives? Be a candidate for The Canadian Derivatives Exchange Scholars Program.
2016-2017 academic year
- Two (2) graduate scholarships (M.Sc., DESS, MBA, EMBA) of $10,000
- Two (2) postgraduate scholarships (Ph.D., DBA, EDBA) of $25,000
Field of studies
Finance, mathematics, economy, financial engineering, strategy, accounting, actuarial or any other related discipline.
- Be registered in a full-time graduate or postgraduate program in a Canadian university.
- Conduct a research project (essay, paper, thesis or article) on exchange-traded derivatives or any topic related to the Montréal Exchange's business.
- Conduct a research project in whole or in part during the referred academic year of the Canadian Derivatives Exchange Scholars Program.
- Applicant's form duly completed
- Plan of the research project (two pages maximum)
- Letter of motivation (one page maximum)
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Official transcript of all previous university studies
- Two referrals or evaluation forms (to your choice) submitted individually. One of the referrals must be from the Research Director and the second can be academic or professional.
Friday, June 3, 2016, at 5:00 p.m. (EDT)
Any question? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Léon Bitton, Vice-President, Research and Development, Montréal Exchange
- Pierre-Paul Côté, Lawyer
- Brian Gelfand, Vice-President and Chief Regulatory Officer, Montréal Exchange
- Maher Kooli, Professor, ESG-UQAM
- Sylvain Perreault, Chief Compliance Officer, Desjardins Group
- Demonstrate the innovative aspect of the research project.
- Demonstrate interest in research and show enthusiasm toward chosen topic.
- Demonstrate leadership and initiative in academic or professional activities.
- Demonstrate outstanding academic performance.
- The proof of enrolment in a full-time graduate program is required for The Canadian Derivatives Exchange Scholars Program instalment.
- Scholar candidates are not restricted to The Canadian Derivatives Exchange Scholars Program and can apply for additional scholarships.