The Canadian Derivatives Exchange Scholars Program
The registration period is now over.
- Be registered in a full-time graduate program at a university in Canada.
- Conduct a research project on exchange-traded derivatives, financial risk management or any topic related to the Montréal Exchange's business. Innovation of the project will be evaluated in the selection process.
- Demonstrate leadership and initiative in academic or professional activities.
- Two (2) graduate scholarships of $15,000
- Two (2) postgraduate scholarships of $20,000
2014-2015 academic year
Master, DESS, MBA, doctorate
Finance, mathematics, economy, financial engineering, or any other related discipline
Question period through live chat
Thursday, May 1, 2014, from noon to 1:00 p.m. (EDT)
MX's Facebook page.
Submission of applications
Deadline: Friday, May 16, 2014, at 5:00 p.m. (EDT)
- Léon Bitton, Vice-President, Research and Development, Montréal Exchange
- Pierre-Paul Côté, Lawyer
- Brian Gelfand, Vice-President, Regulatory Division, Montréal Exchange
- Maher Kooli, Professor, ESG-UQAM
- Sylvain Perreault, Chief Compliance Officer, Desjardins Group
The jury will only consider the academic excellence of the student and does not have to get representation from each university. Scholar candidates are not restricted to The Canadian Derivatives Exchange Scholars Program and can apply for additional scholarships.