Connection and Testing
Thank you for your interest in trading on MX.
Throughout the certification and connection process, the Market Access Manager will be your resource to answer any questions or to review the available options related to your requirements. You can contact the Market Access Manager at 514 871-3581 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Test and certification documentation
The test and certification documentation is designed to facilitate development and certification to MX SOLA® services.
To obtain the technical specifications kindly communicate with the Bourse's Technical Help Desk email@example.com
Access to the general test environment (GTE)
The testing environment is designed to improve the customer development and testing experience. Any enhancements or new features to the trading platform are first deployed on the GTE prior to Production implementation. Some of these enhancements or new features may require client certification before promotion of their application into the Production environment. Details of these enhancements or new features as well as their pre-requisites (if any) are found in the technical notices that are published here.
To request connectivity to the GTE, customers must request the GTE Access Form from firstname.lastname@example.org and email a digital copy (not scanned) of the completed form to the same address.
Hours of availability of our GTE services can vary from one service to another. The majority of services' gateways are accessible from 1:00 a.m. to 23:00 p.m. Eastern Time. If you wish to obtain the hours of a particular service's gateway, please contact the Technical Help Desk (THD) at the coordinates located at the end of this page.
Technical and functional support of the GTE is only available during regular business hours (Monday to Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 17:00 p.m. Eastern Time).
For trading simulation on the GTE, please be advised – the GTE instrument dictionary is not an exact copy of what is available in our production environment. The tradeable products available on our GTE are meant to be a subset of what is in production. Trading hours and stages of these available products can also differ, however, these can be changed upon request by contacting the THD.
The certification environment mirrors production functionality and customers can use it to perform:
- certification testing for SOLA core functionality;
- maintenance testing;
- development testing for new system features or functionality in production-like conditions.
External applications using the SAIL or the FIX protocol for order routing, the High Speed Vendor Feed (HSVF) or the Order Book Feed (OBF) for market data dissemination, ATR, Drop Copy, LOPR or the Clearing API, require certification before gaining access to the production connection. The Market Access Manager will provide customers with required test cases and support during this phase.
Contact the Market Access Manager to schedule an appointment when ready to certify.
Development support and testing
Application testing and support is available Mondays through Fridays, from 8:00 a.m. ET to 4:30 p.m. ET. After-hours testing is available without support Mondays through Fridays, from 4:30 p.m. ET to 10:30 p.m. ET.
MX reserves the right to deny access to the development systems for any reason at any time without notice. We recommend that customers confirm with the Market Access Manager the availability of the system.
Support during development and testing is available by contacting the Market Access Manager.
Access to the production environment
Before requesting access to production environment, the following steps are prerequisites:
- MX approved participant status has been granted (which includes becoming a member of the Canadian Derivatives Clearing Corporation or having a clearing agreement with one of its members).
- Certification of any applications requiring certification has been granted.
- Sign off is provided by the Market Access Manager.
Customers must request the TMX Service Request Form from email@example.com and email a scanned version of the completed form to the same address.
To obtain access to the production environment, the following connections are available:
- MX co-location services: The SOLA Trading engine is located in Markham, Ontario. MX co-location services provide the opportunity for customers to optimize trading opportunities, achieve faster execution and maximize trading profits through low-latency trading and data access from within the TMX data centre. The co-lo facility is located in Toronto.
- MX points of presence (POPs): A direct connection can be made to one or more of the MX POPs. Physical connectivity to the production network is provided by 10/100/1000 Mb Ethernet connection. Customers are responsible for supplying the appropriate telecommunications lines and router at the POP. POPs are located in Toronto, New York, Chicago and London.
Pursuant to Technical Notice 17-004 note that Hosting services at the POPs in Secaucus (NY2), London (LD5) and Chicago (CH1) will be decommissioned on January 31, 2018. Access to our primary and backup data centers in Markham and Toronto respectively will not change.
- Third-party network providers: Connectivity can be obtained via the TMX Atrium, BT Radianz, Frontline Technologies, Reliance Globalcom, NYSE Technologies Connectivity Inc. (SFTI), Savvis and Transaction Network Services (TNS) networks.
- ISV network: CQG, Frontline Technologies, GL Net and TTNET
Production bandwidth requirements
Bandwidth requirements are determined by whether or not a client receives the market data feed and which information is read. The base requirement for all applications is 1.5 megabit. Refer to the following table for bandwidth required for the HSVF data feed.
|Type of traffic||Bandwidth requirement|
|Futures only||1.5 megabit|
|Best limit only
(includes options & futures)
|Full feed – 5 best limits
(includes options, futures & market depth)
Market Operations Department
Telephone: 514 871-7871
Technical Help Desk
Telephone: 514 871-7872