- Interest Rate Derivatives
- Riskless Basis Cross Transactions
- Extended Hours Project
- Options and Futures Quotes
- Trading Calendar
- List of Fees
- Articles & Newsletters
- TMX Group Board of Directors and Corporate Governance
- Historical Data
- Market Making Programs
- User Defined and Inter-Group Strategies
- Position Limits
- Margin Requirements
Student Ambassador Program
The Canadian derivatives market still remains a mysterious topic amongst the student community. The graduate and undergraduate curriculum are mainly geared towards the understanding of the theory around financial derivatives rather than the importance of proper application. Although theory is essential to understanding the core principles behind derivatives trading, it serves better in complement with practical implementation relevant to today's financial world. The Montréal Exchange therefore has an opportunity to collaborate with Canadian universities and offer its expertise in the Canadian derivatives market as a complementary educational tool.
The Montréal Exchange's University Partnership was created in 2012 as part of a financial literacy initiative. It was initially launched in seven Quebec universities and is now in over 40 universities across Canada. The main objective of the university partnership is to develop students' knowledge of derivatives and, more specifically, of options trading.
- Increase our visibility amongst the student community in order to position the Montréal Exchange as a centre of excellence in the Canadian derivatives market.
- Collaborate to the learning experience of students enrolled in Finance by providing information related to the Canadian derivatives products.
- Support and encourage the development of talented and skilled students interested in a career in the derivatives market.
As a student ambassador, you will be responsible for:
- Developing the Montréal Exchange's University Partnership within your university by expanding its presence;
- Promoting the Options Trading Simulation and the Canadian Derivatives Scholarship;
- Coordinating and help organizing promotional events;
- Acting as a contact person in terms of derivatives trading.
In-class seminar or webinar
Participation of a representative from the Montréal Exchange as a guest speaker in lectures focused on portfolio management, risk management, financial derivatives, and trading.
Options Trading Simulation
The Montréal Exchange is hosting the Options Trading Simulation twice a year (fall and winter semesters) opens to university students. All the details here: (m-x.ca/simulation)