Sector Index Futures (SXA, SXB, SXH, SXK, SXU, SXY)
- S&P/TSX Global Gold Index (SXA)
- S&P/TSX Capped Financials Index (SXB)
- S&P/TSX Capped Information Technology Index (SXH)
- S&P/TSX Composite Index Banks (Industry Group) (SXK)
- S&P/TSX Capped Utilities Index (SXU)
- S&P/TSX Capped Energy Index (SXY)
- SXA: C$200 times the S&P/TSX Global Gold Index futures value
- SXB: C$200 times the S&P/TSX Capped Financials Index futures value
- SXH: C$500 times the S&P/TSX Capped Information Technology Index futures value
- SXK: C$20 times the S&P/TSX Composite Index Banks (Industry Group) futures value
- SXU: C$200 times the S&P/TSX Capped Utilities Index futures value
- SXY: C$200 times the S&P/TSX Capped Energy Index futures value
March, June, September and December.
Quoted in index points, expressed to two decimals.
Minimum price fluctuations
- 0.10 index point for the S&P/TSX Global Gold Index
- 0.10 index point for the S&P/TSX Capped Financials Index
- 0.05 index point for the S&P/TSX Capped Information Technology Index
- 0.10 index point for the S&P/TSX Composite Index Banks (Industry Group)
- 0.10 index point for the S&P/TSX Capped Utilities Index
- 0.10 index point for the S&P/TSX Capped Energy Index
Note: 0.01 index points for calendar spreads.
Cash-settled. The final settlement price is the official opening level of the underlying sector index on the final settlement day.
Last trading day
Trading ceases on the business day prior to the final settlement day.
Final settlement day
The third Friday of the contract month, provided it is a business day. If it is not a business day, final settlement will occur on the preceding business day.
Position reporting threshold
500 contracts, gross long and short, in all contracts months combined.
Information on position limits can be obtained from the Bourse as they are subject to periodic changes. See Circulars.
A trading halt in the sector index futures contracts will be invoked in conjunction with the triggering of "circuit breakers" on the underlying issues.
Minimum margin requirements
Information on minimum margin requirements can be obtained from the Bourse as they are subject to periodic changes. See the Futures contracts margin rates page on the Regulatory Division website.
- Early session*
- 6:00 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.
- Regular session
- 9:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
* A trading range of -5% to +5% (based on previous day's settlement price) has been established only for this session.
Canadian Derivatives Clearing Corporation (CDCC).
- Daily settlement price procedures for futures contracts and options on futures contracts
- Procedures applicable to the execution of cross transactions and the execution of prearranged transactions
- Procedures for the execution and reporting of exchange for physical (EFP), exchange for risk (EFR) and substitution of OTC derivative instruments for futures contracts transactions
- Procedures for the cancellation or adjustment of trades
- Procedures applicable to the execution of riskless basis cross transactions on futures contracts on S&P/TSX Indices and on share futures
SXATM, SXBTM, SXHTM, SXKTM, SXUTM and SXYTM are trademarks of Bourse de Montréal Inc.
The information contained in this document is for information purposes only and shall not be construed as legally binding. This document is a summary of the product's specifications which are set forth in the Rules of Bourse de Montréal Inc. (“Rules of the Bourse”). While Bourse de Montréal Inc. endeavors to keep this document up to date, it does not guarantee that it is complete or accurate. In the event of discrepancies between the information contained in this document and the Rules of the Bourse, the latter shall prevail. The Rules of the Bourse must be consulted in all cases concerning products' specifications.