S&P/TSX 60 Index Mini Futures (SXM)
The S&P/TSX 60 index is a capitalization-weighted index of the 60 largest and most liquid stocks listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
C$50 × S&P/TSX 60 Index Mini Futures value
Four months in the March, June, September, December quarterly cycle.
Quoted in index points, expressed to two decimals.
Last trading day
Trading ceases on the trading day prior to the final settlement day.
Final settlement day
The 3rd Friday of the contract month, providing it be a business day; if not, the 1st preceding day.
Cash settlement. The final settlement price is the official opening level of the underlying index on the final settlement day.
Minimum price fluctuation
- 0.10 index points for outright positions
- 0.01 index points for calendar spreads
1,000 futures contracts (standard and mini combined) on the S&P/TSX 60 index gross long and short in all contract months combined.
Information on position limits can be obtained from the Exchange as they are subject to periodic changes. See Circulars.
A trading halt will be invoked in conjunction with the triggering of "circuit breaker" in the underlying stocks.
Minimum margin requirements
Information on minimum margin requirements can be obtained from the Exchange as they are subject to periodic changes. See the Futures contracts margin rates page on the Regulatory Division website.
Trading hours (Montréal time)
- Early session*
- 6:00 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.
- Regular session
- 9:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
* A trading range of -5% to +5% (based on previous day's settlement price) has been established only for this session.
Canadian Derivatives Clearing Corporation (CDCC)
- Daily settlement price procedures for futures contracts and options on futures contracts
- Procedures applicable to the execution of cross transactions and the execution of prearranged transactions
- Procedures for the execution and reporting of exchange for physical (EFP), exchange for risk (EFR) and substitution of OTC derivative instruments for futures contracts transactions
- Procedures for the cancellation or adjustment of trades
- Procedures applicable to the execution of riskless basis cross transactions on futures contracts on S&P/TSX Indices and on share futures
SXMTM is a trademark of Bourse de Montréal Inc.