S&P/TSX 60 Index Options (SXO)
The S&P/TSX 60 index is a capitalization-weighted index of the 60 largest companies in Canada, which have the most liquid stocks.
C$10 per S&P/TSX 60 index point.
Nearest three months plus the next two months in the March, June, September, December quarterly cycle.
Annual expiry of December (long-term options).
Minimum price fluctuation
- 0.01 index point = C$0.10 per contract, for premiums of less than 0.10 index point
- 0.05 index point = C$0.50 per contract, for premiums of 0.10 index point and up
- Set at a minimum of 2.5 index points
- Set at a minimum of 5 index points (long term)
Last trading day
Trading ceases on the trading day prior to the expiration day.
The 3rd Friday of the contract month, providing it be a business day; if not, the 1st preceding day.
Settlement upon exercise
Cash settlement. The final settlement price is the official opening level of the underlying index on the expiration day.
15,000 contracts on the same side of the market in all contract months combined.
Information on position limits can be obtained from the Exchange as they are subject to periodic changes. See Circulars.
A trading halt will be invoked in conjunction with the triggering of "circuit breakers" in the underlying stocks.
Trading hours (Montréal time)
9:31 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Canadian Derivatives Clearing Corporation (CDCC)
- Procedures applicable to the execution of cross transactions and the execution of prearranged transactions
- Procedures applicable to the execution of strategies involving options
- Procedures for the cancellation or adjustment of trades
SXOTM is a trademark of Bourse de Montréal Inc.